Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Lunch Date

For the first two months that Nate and I were married, I was a tutor. I only worked 10 hours a week, between 4pm and 7-8pm, depending on the night. This meant that I was able to sleep in every morning, meet Nate for lunch every day, and have a house that was always clean because I had nothing better to do while Nate was at work during the afternoons. I LOVED being able to meet Nate for lunch everyday. It was so wonderful! The only downside to that schedule was that we didn't get to have much time together in the evenings. However, the job was only temporary so I had to find a new job as soon as it ended. 
Starting a full-time job for the first time in my life had its challenges (I was completely exhausted for the first two months and couldn't understand why), but what I hated the most was packing lunch! Ugh, I still hate packing lunch and I dread doing it every night before I can go to bed. 
Side note: The week after Halloween when I was in fifth grade, two of my classmates (they were twin sisters) came to lunch with lunchboxes full of candy because their mom let them pack their own lunch. I remember going home and begging my mom to let me start packing my own lunch. It only took me about a week to realize that I still wasn't going to be allowed to take candy for lunch and that I hated packing my own lunch. What was I thinking??!
Anyways, Wednesday night, I had fallen asleep on the couch while watching a movie and when I woke up, I just wanted to go to bed, but unfortunately I still had to make my stinkin lunch! We had leftovers for dinner, which meant I didn't have leftovers to pack for lunch the next day. We also did not have bread which was fine with me because I had sandwiches for lunch for the past two weeks and I was sick of them. I decided to ask Nate if he would bring me lunch the next day because I only have a half hour for lunch which isn't enough time to go get something. He was hesitant to agree because he didn't want to use the gas in his work van to bring me lunch. I just assumed that we would put gas in the van and it would be fine. I pitched a little fit and went to bed mad. He came in and offered to bring me lunch, but my bratty response was, "No, Nate, you should do it out love, not out of obligation!". Basically, there are two morals to this story and the first is this: Once I fall asleep, I should probably stay asleep because otherwise, I get a little crazy. 
So Thursday afternoon rolls around and Nate texted to say he was bringing me lunch. I had already texted him to tell him it was not necessary and to apologize but he came anyways. Then he volunteered to stay and eat lunch with me! It was so nice! I have missed having lunch with Nate and it was such a nice break in the middle of a crazy work day. So in conclustion, the second moral of the story is that husbands and wives should always get to have lunch together. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment