Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Maintenance Man's Wife

On the way to work this morning, we passed a house that we drive by every day that I have never really paid any attention to. 
Nate commented, "Those guys are always selling something weird. Now they're selling bobcats." My eyebrows shot up and my jaw dropped just a little bit.
"Bobcats??! I want to see!", I exclaimed as I twisted around in my seat, trying to catch a glimpse of their fenced-in yard. And there they were, prancing around the yard...NOT! Much to my dismay, I saw two big ol' pieces of Bobcat machinery parked in their front yard. I spun around immediately to find Nate staring at me with a look of awe on his face. Then we both just started cracking up.
Nate rolled his eyes. "Seriously?" he asked.
"What?! I'm not a maintenance man. When I hear 'bobcat', I think of the animal, not the machine!", I exclaimed defensively.
We just laughed again.
As glad as I am that my husband is a maintenance man who is very handy around the house, I sure wish that just a little bit of his expertise in all things maintenance would rub off on me!! Haha!

1 comment:

  1. Julie, we have a lot in common already. We're both married to maintenance men, we're relatively new bloggers, and my mom has one of those "tomato" pin-cushions, too! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog -- I look forward to reading more of yours! :)

    ReplyDelete