Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

My Very First Post!

Wait, what?! I'm blogging?! A few months ago, I didn't even know what a blog was! After stumbling upon the Pioneer Woman's site, I started following more and more blogs and soon I was hooked. Then I came across a blog (saralynnpaige.com) in which the author stated, "Perhaps its frivolous; painting, photographs, writing it all down. But what if I wake tomorrow only to have forgotten everything?" That got me thinking- my life is so wonderful! I don't want to forget a single second of it. Even in the hardest moments, I've learned the lessons that are most important to remember. I have had so many amazing experiences and I don't want to forget the magic of any of them.
Of course, thoughts like these are bound to make me think of The Notebook. Like Allie, I want to preserve my story through words and pictures. I am going to try to retell the beginning of my love story as accurately as possible and will continue to tell the story of my everyday life here. This is an exciting new adventure for me! I will need to start carrying my camera in my purse again. I haven't done that since college but I think its about time to start up that old habit! 
Even if my story and this blog never inspire anyone else, I think it will inspire, encourage and motivate me and that is all the reason I need! 
Welcome and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. That's kind of how I began blogging too.... it's an outlet to ramble on and my family don't have to listen!
    Can I give you a wee word of advice? The font you're using is *really* difficult to read. Studies have shown that, on average, a person spends less than a minute visiting a blog. I think many folks who are just skimming, will pass over yours because they really have to concentrate on your writing.
    Hope it's ok to say.... Oh, and nice to 'meet' you. I'm Anne, from the Isle of Lewis in Scotland, so I'm a bit away, but cyberspace brings everyone closer together, doesn't it :)

    ReplyDelete