Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Whole New Level of Picnik Skill

There's no denying that I heart Pinterest, but as its a very useful addiction tool, I'm not giving it up anytime soon. I saw a really cool idea for framing wedding vows there a few months ago shortly after joining Pinterest. Because  I was enamored with all of the other cool things I was pinning, I forgot about the vows. We've recently re-decorated our bedroom (which I hope to share here soon) and I've been looking for ideas for my gallery wall. Obviously, I turned to Pinterest for inspiration. There I found the wedding vow pin and decided to try to make my own. I planned on trying to use Photoshop but I really don't have any experience with it. Luckily, one of my favorite bloggers, Thrifty Decor Chick, posted a tutorial about making printables on Picnik just a few days before I decided to try my own. Using her tutorial, I was able to make my very own copy of my wedding vows on Picnik!

I was surprised by how easy it was. I did have to type each line individually, instead of typing it as a whole paragraph, but it still only took about 30 minutes all together. Now that I know what I'm doing, I could probably make them in about 15-20 mins. I think it would make a great personalized wedding gift. Ours looks great hanging in our bedroom gallery wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment